I’ve never been a family history buff – but I do have the desire to become one. Why? Because I know I’m missing out on miracles, and I know that angels from the other side are dying to get to work with me.
Since I’ve spent probably one week of my life actually doing family history, I consider it pretty amazing that I’ve already seen one miracle – you see, I could smell my grandmother’s pantry.
Yes, exactly what I said. Now, my grandmother’s been dead for over 20 years and we sold her house right after she passed, so I haven’t stepped foot in it for a long time, yet one night about a year ago I could smell her pantry.
I’d visit grandma every once and a while – she only lived 15 minutes away. Whenever I did, I liked to go into the pantry and look around. It had a strange “grandma” smell and was just a nostalgic part of the house. To remember that smell some 20 years later for whatever reason got my mind dwelling on Grandma Alice.
I decided to look online and learn more about her and in the course of a week-long exploration I found out that she had an older sister that I never knew existed. Before Alice was born, her parents welcomed a baby named Elsie, who only lived 11 months before she died. This discovery led me to search more and after a week there were a handful of discoveries I’d made that would never have occurred had it not been for the scent of the musty old pantry at grandma’s house.
Literal miracles are awaiting those who dedicated themselves to this amazing cause. I hope a flame is light in my heart at this conference, and I’m excited to take a lucky reader along!
RootsTech 2015 Free 3-DAY PASS Giveaway
We’re very excited to have been offered the chance to give away a free pass to this years RootsTech 2015 – the largest family history event in the world! This 3-DAY PASS includes the following:
- over 200 classes
- General sessions
- Getting Started classes
- Expo hall
- Evening events
What Else Does RootsTech Have to Offer?
- Inspiring and entertaining keynote speakers
- A huge expo hall with hundreds of family history and technology exhibitors
- Entertaining evening events
- Catered lunches hosted by conference sponsors
Here are some details:
- Must be 18 years old to enter.
- Giveaway ends January 30, 2015 at 12:00 am.
- Winner will receive a certificate with instructions and code good for one 3-day pass to RootsTech 2015 at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City, February 11-14, 2015.
- If winner has already purchased a ticket they can get a full refund. Instructions are included in the winner certificate.
- Winner has 24 hours to respond to e-mail or a new winner will be chosen.
Just enter in the Rafflecopter below!